Thursday, October 29, 2009

Is this work?

October 28, 8am...(have I ever mentioned I'm not a morning person? No? I am so not a morning person.) The hour may be early, but the weather is perfect for bulb planting!! Here are some pictures from the garden I was hired to re-work as we started to unload the 1,775 bulbs from their boxes. I think I could have started singing Jingle Bells or Frosty the Snowman- it was just like Christmas for me, unwrapping all of these, and I probably would have too- if it weren't for my accomplices in planting who already were thinking I had gone a little giddy on them.
In the "Tiffany Blue" boxes- not jewels per say, but allium bulbs- 75 of them in 3 different varieties (Giganetum, Globemaster and Lucille Ball)


These are a mix of darwin & trumpet tulips and daffodils.

Hello beautifuls!


Look at this daffodil bulb, it is E-Nor-Mous! Crazy.


My beautiful, hardworking side-kicks Cecelia & the Oscars. This picture was taken before we spent the next 10 hours in the mud.


Oscar is laying out the bulb pattern for one of the eight beds we are planting-(that does not include the borders we planted.)


Here is a completely laid out bed that my other Oscar did- he is a gardener's dream. (Get your mind out of the gutter....) He was so meticulous- there are 125 bulbs perfectly placed just in this one bed.


The only problem with yesterday (and I think my team-mates would agree) is that we have to wait until spring to see what the outcome of all of our work will be. I'll be sure to share the results.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...